Optometrist Auckland CBD We’re Here For You
Hard To Find An Optometrist in Auckland CBD?
Look no further! We even have parking!
- You’ll get a comprehensive, thorough eye check.
- You can see an eye specialist.
- You’ll be able to book an appointment that works for you.
- Busy? If appropriate, you’ll be in and out within the blink of an eye!
The advantage of dealing with the team at John O’Connor is that at the end of every consultation we will discuss your results with you. No waiting, no delays, no stress. We will recommend the best solutions for your visual requirements and you’ll be able to make an informed and educated decision, on the spot if you want to.
Need prescription glasses, prescription sunglasses, contact lenses, affordable everyday frames or designer frames? Our team is here to help you out with the best options for you and your eyes.
We don’t just sell reading glasses, we specialise in eyes and your welfare is our first concern. You can be comfortable that all eye testing is done correctly. If required, we may recommend further testing, just to be sure. If that is the case we have all the necessary equipment – visual field machines, retinal cameras and corneal topographer – to screen for glaucoma, diabetes and eye conditions such as keratoconus.
Eye Test Auckland
Expert eye examinations
Most adults need vision correction: it is estimated that around 66% of the New Zealand population 18 years and over will use glasses, contact lenses, or both.
Eye examinations can detect hidden eye problems, so even those who feel they have perfect vision should have regular vision checks. As we age, we need more frequent vision exams. People with poor vision, a family history of eye disease or a condition that increases the risk of eye disease, such as diabetes, should have more frequent eye exams.
|Recommended eye exam frequency for adults in NZ|
|Ages 20-39||Every five to 10 years|
|Ages 40-54||Every two to four years|
|Ages 55-64||Every one to three years|
|Ages 65+||Every one to two years|
Are You Experiencing Eye Problems?
See your local Auckland optometrist at John O’Connor Optometrist – Henderson & Newmarket.
Early detection of eye problems improves the outlook for successful treatment; it may save your eye sight. To check your vision is 20/20, book an eye test with us today.
Free parking is available at Newmarket and both the city optometry practice and our West Auckland optometrists are open six days a week: Monday to Saturday.
- If you get an eye exam with us and then buy glasses on the same day, you’ll pay nothing for the eye exam. That’s a saving of $65.00! Our comprehensive eye exams include a prescription check, glaucoma check with eye pressure test and cataract assessment.
- Buy new frames and get vision stock lenses free. Stock lenses are hard coated in the range +/- 6.00 DS with up to -2.00 DC astigmatism.
- Get a second pair of glasses and we’ll throw in prescription single vision stock tinted lenses for free.
- Bring in your own frames and we’ll fit a pair of single vision stock lenses with antiglare coating for only $169.00.
We see the best in everyone. Come and see our optometrist Auckland CBD or Henderson.