Optometrist Newmarket Auckland
Comprehensive eye tests
Our Auckland eye exam tests your vision in a comprehensive way, allowing us to determine the health of your eyes, you’ll also undergo a digital retinal scan. This is a powerful piece of equipment that enables our Newmarket optometrists to detect eye conditions and diseases including myopia (short sightedness) glaucoma, macular degeneration, keratoconus, UV damage and retinal changes that can sometimes be associated with diabetes.
The first step in ensuring your overall eye health is an eye exam. From there we can provide you with options, so you’ll be in the position to make an informed and educated decision, on what is right for you and your eyes.
What are the common causes of eye conditions?
The most common cause of eye conditions is environmental or hereditary. The causes can include:
- exposure to the sun
- dry air
- foreign matter
- allergic reactions
- bacteria or viruses
- prolonged screen time
If not treated early, some eye conditions can ultimately lead to blindness.
Infections that can cause blood-shot eyes include:
- inflammation of the follicles of the eyelashes called blepharitis
- inflammation of the membrane that coats the eye called conjunctivitis or pinkeye
- inflammation of the uvea called uveitis
- ulcers that cover the eye called corneal ulcers
When should you contact your Newmarket optometrist?
If you experience eye fatigue and eye redness, you should make an appointment to see one our Auckland optometrists immediately.
Contact us if you experience any of the following:
- you experience changes in your vision
- your symptoms last longer than two days
- your eye is red after trauma or injury
- you experience pain in your eye
- you become sensitive to light
- you have discharge from one or both of your eyes
- you take medications that thin your blood such as heparin or warfarin
- you experience nausea and vomiting.
- you have a headache and have blurry vision
- you begin seeing white rings, or halos, around lights
Talk to our eye doctors
Our Newmarket optometrists specialise in the diagnosis and management of many eye conditions. Between our Henderson Optometry practice and our optometrists in Newmarket our staff has dedicated over 35 years’ helping people like you enjoy more comfortable lives. If you are suffering from any uncomfortable eye symptoms, please schedule a consultation now with any of our qualified optometrists for a comprehensive eye examination. We take your eye care very seriously.
We deliver peace of mind about the way you see the world, your sight.
We offer high quality eyecare and friendly service at our optometry practices in Newmarket and Henderson. For your convenience both stores are open 6 days a week.