Eye Exam, Frames & Lenses Package
Need glasses? Save up to $164 on our eye care package.
Get a free eye exam with your new pair of prescription glasses – frame and lenses – a savings of $65.
Buy any set of frames from either of our Auckland optometrists and we will give you the HOYA brand single vision stock lenses – another saving of $99.
Get a complete glasses eye test and glasses package from either of our two Auckland optometrists in Newmarket or Henderson and you can save your eyesight and your wallet up to $164. Only $89.00 for frames, lenses and eye exam – looks like a good deal to me.
If you looking to buy new prescription glasses, you’ve come to the right place. As one of Auckland’s leading supplier of prescription glasses, we provide some of the best eye care services and deals on glasses in Auckland.
Our comprehensive eye exams include a prescription check, glaucoma check with an eye pressure test and cataract assessment.
Affordable Prescription Glasses in Auckland
Whether you’ve been thinking you may need corrective glasses for a while, or your current frames style or lens strength is out of date, a visit to the friendly team at John O’Connor Optometrists for our latest deals on glasses will see you right. Amazingly affordable spectacle frames and lenses: only $89.00 for frames, lenses and eye exam.
- At John O’Connor, we use Hoya lenses. Hoya is a Japanese lens company recognised worldwide for their range of eyeglass lens designs, materials and designer coatings. Hoya supplies a complete range of premium quality single vision, multi-focal, occupational and bifocal lenses to suit everyone’s individual needs and lifestyles.
- Upgrade your frame to a designer brand for a competitive price and you can choose from a huge range of frames, including Dior, Boss, Fendi, Emilio Pucci, Gucci, Armani, Rodenstock, Charmant, Neubau, Barkers, Vanni, Bellinger, Safilo, Shisheido, Ted Baker, Yves Saint Laurent (YSL), Lacoste, Adidas Original, Adidas frames for kids, and more.
- Our optometrists will help you to choose the perfect pair of frames to suit your face shape and lifestyle.
Cast an eye over these great deals on glasses.
- Looking for ultra-clear lenses? We can add a scratch resistant, Hoya brand anti-glare coating for only $70 for a pair. The coating comes with a two-year manufacturer warranty.
- If you need the lenses over -6, you can choose 1.55 mid thinner lenses with anti-reflection coating built in for an extra $120 per pair.
- Like your glasses but need new lenses? Bring in your own frames and we’ll fit a pair of single vision stock lenses for only $99.00.
Sound like good eye-deals? We think they are. We believe eyewear should be affordable for everyone in New Zealand. So, since 1978 we’ve been providing well-priced quality eyewear for toddlers through to adults. We have a great reputation for outstanding service and products.
Come in and see us for eyeglasses Auckland families can afford and we’ll get your vision sorted.
Eye Problems Hidden From View
Eye examinations can detect hidden eye problems, so even those who feel they have perfect vision should have regular vision checks. As we age, we need more frequent vision exams. People with poor vision, a family history of eye disease or a condition that increases the risk of eye disease, such as diabetes, should have more frequent eye exams.
|Recommended eye exam frequency|
|Ages 0-19||At 6 months, 3 years, 5 years and then every 2 years|
|Ages 20-54||Every two years|
|Ages 55-64||Every one to two years|
|Ages 65+||Every one to two years|
Eyesight usually begins to change around the age of 40. Most adults need vision correction and reading glasses to correct presbyopia (sometimes referred to as age-related long-sightedness).
Rates of myopia (short-sightedness) are also increasing – a phenomenon that some studies have linked to environmental and lifestyle changes, including more time spent in front of computers.